Where No Signal Has Gone Before – Lizard Head Wilderness, CO

Hiking at 10,000 feet in the Lizard Head Wilderness
White dew and morning chill

I’m blogging from the comfort of a cozy mountain café. Thanks to the wonder of free WiFi we are as yet connected, despite having gone where no signal has gone before. Yes, we’ve taken “the beast” into deep forest and are making attempts at contact with the local life-forms at ~9,000 feet and beyond.

In technical terms that means:
No internet
No phone
No satellite signal
No local TV stations
Not…even…a…single…radio…station

{{gasp}}

I hear your astonishment and feel it too, but fear not. This does not mean we are without adventure. In fact we’ve had what you might call an “incident”, or one of those “you’ll find it funny later” stories. Once we’ve recovered and our mutual horror has subsided we’ll relate the entire debacle on the blog.

In the meantime I’ll leave you with blissful pictures of high mountain scenes artfully arranged to give you the lulling impression that all is soft and fluffy in the world. And so it is…for now, anyway….

Out where signals do not go...
Early morning splendor in the mountains
SPONSORED LINK: SPONSORED LINK:
Click HERE To Shop Amazon.com

We LOooVE Comments, So Please Do

1. Andrew in Berkeley says

Wonderful photos! I also appreciate the campground reviews. I’m keeping notes for future travels.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

2. Marilyn Cameron says

Nina and Paul, and Polly too!
    Jim, Chester, and I think that’s what life should be all about! Actually, over the past years we have spent a good time in the mountains where only our HughesNet and Dish Network satellite dishes work! Of course we have to pick a site that has a clear shot to the sky! Enjoy the unadulterated high country while it still exists. …. Marilyn

• libertatemamo says

Totally agree! You guys do pick some beautiful sites! I’m always looking forward to your pics and places you go.

3. says

Without all the modern gadgets we sometimes forget to leave time to enjoy ourselves.
    Today we were visiting a beautiful area around Lake Superior MI,on one of the outlooks we were taken by the outstanding vista but a couple next to us were on their cell phone for ever…..

• libertatemamo says

Ahhh…I agree that it’s nice to be without the gadgets for a while. Never really
      understand the folks that need to talk on the phone right in the middle of a gorgeous spot!

4. says

Loved your early morning spendor photo! Good for you for exploring the heights of no contact. We were in a totally no contact zone a couple of yearss ago for 10 days, at Devils Den State Park in Arkansas. It was wonderful!

5. says

As always, you find the jewels in the landscape.

I know curiosity killed the cat, but I’m dying to know about the incident!! Give it up, already. LOL

6. says

You two are so gifted in the way you describe your surroundings and the pictures are absolutely lovely! Paul and I both enjoy so much following you into every area you discover. Enjoy this delicious area!

A Comment For Your Thoughts?