Thankful For My Life (and Flying Off Again…)

Everything I want is right here!

Well, Thanksgiving is almost upon us. This interesting little tradition was something I’d never even heard of until I moved to the US in 1992. Personally I love turkey and all its’ associated delicacies, but history and food aside I came to understand that this holiday has a deeper meaning for many people. It’s a time of reflection on all that you are thankful for and that message is certainly one I can relate to.

Life is a beautiful thing

As I sit here in my RV with an expansive view of desert mountains through my front window, my lovely (and incredibly handsome I might add) hubby beside me and 12 wonderful paws sleeping happily in the rig I have to admit that I’m so very thankful for all I’ve got. And I love it exactly the way it is.

During our drive to Phoenix a few days back I asked Paul if we suddenly had unlimited funds would we do anything different? We both agreed that likely not. We might upgrade the rig with some snazzy stuff, help out family, donate to some more charities…but essentially I’d still want to be wheelin’it across the country just like we’ve been doing the past 2 years. Really I would.

Where I’ll be next week (map from Wikipedia)

Tomorrow morning I’ll be leaving my cozy home and flying off for a week on yet another grand adventure to see my family at the small Portuguese Island of Madeira in the Atlantic Ocean. It’s an early celebration of my mom’s 70’th birthday and will be quite the fabulous experience (fear not, I’ll be reporting back). Yet something else to be thankful for.

So, as life moves forward and the past recedes I can only mimic the words from one of my all-time-favorite movies (Joe Vs the Vocano). As Joe floats shipwrecked on the ocean he raises his arms to the moon and says “thank you for my life”. My goal is to always feel that way, and my hope is that you do too.

SPONSORED LINK: SPONSORED LINK:
Click HERE To Shop Amazon.com

We LOooVE Comments, So Please Do

1. Jerry B. says

Have a wonderful trip to Madeira (I’ve always liked the wine!) and happy Thanksgiving to you kids. We will have a houseful this afternoon and I will thank them for being our friends/family and, you’re right…I don’t think I’d change too much if funds were unlimited. We’re already doing pretty much want we wanted to do after retirement. And thanks to you for your insightful and entertaining trip commentaries, they will add to our future trips.

2. says

We had occasion to spend a day in Madeira in 2003; hired a taxi and went to some of the far corners of the island, away from the cruise ship crowds in Funchal … will be looking forward to your report(s).

• libertatemamo says

Hiring a taxi is a great way to get around the island. Like you said it’s worth getting to see some of the far corners. Cheers for the tip!

3. says

We pray for a safe trip. How wonderful to be able to celebrate with you family this special occasion!
    One day is not enough to thank God for all He has Blessed us with. This one special day does help us focus on what is important in our lives. ”Thank you for my life” IS the best way to sum it up!

4. says

Odel and I have had that same conversation (“What if we had unlimited funds?”) several times over our years of traveling. We’ve never come up with something we want to do more than what we are doing. Well, maybe a bit more travel to places we can’t/don’t drive in the MH, but not a different lifestyle. I’m thankful for our health and freedom every day!

Have a great trip.

5. Sheila says

Love your post! Life is wonderful! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Paul and your friends with paws! Have a safe trip and tell your Mom Happy B’day. We left home on November 1st for the winter with eight paws on board; they are enjoying the ride, but more so the hikes. We just spent four wonderful nights in South Llano State Park!

• libertatemamo says

Oh I LOVE that State Park. isn’t it just a wonderful little corner of Texas?
      So happy to hear you guys are on the road for the winter. Enjoy!

• libertatemamo says

I DO post on rvparkreviews. I have to admit I’m not completely systematic on it, but I post there when I remember especially if there are not alreay alot of reviews on the place. It’s a great resource and I try to contribute to it when I can.

A Comment For Your Thoughts?