A Brand New Clicker….

Love those details and colors!

There’s a well-known saying that the camera doth not the photographer make, and I do believe this to be true. Many of the shots I share on this site I capture with my trusty point and shoot, and I did professional photography for years with my good ‘ol Nikon D80 (not considered a fancy choice by any means).

But I’ve been drooling over new cameras in very much the same way that Polly looks at squirrels. You could almost call it a Pavlovian response. I’d gotten to the point of limits on my D80 and was feeling a sudden, overwhelming need for 39 focal points, 6 frames per second, 16.2 MP and well…so much more.

Beauty in the weeds!

Excuse me for a minute while I wipe the slobber off my keyboard….

It was a fabulous surprise therefore when my parents decided to put me out of my misery and make it a present for my…shall we say…twenty plus-plus birthday (one of the big ones anyway, and women’s ages are approximate after all). I hunted around for a few months looking for the best deal and finally scored a brand new Nikon D7000 with the very blissful and sexy list of specs I wanted.

My new D7000. Don't drool too much.I know it's hard not to.

The new camera is a good step-up from my old one and it absolutely rocks! I took it out for a bounce around the park with Polly and my cheap macro-cheaters. After some hours lying in the grass and clicking away I most definitely feel like a new, happy doggie.

It may not make me a better photographer, but it sure is a nice treat :)

Note/ If you’re looking for a new camera I highly recommend dpreview.com and Ken Rockwell’s easy-to-use site.

SPONSORED LINK: SPONSORED LINK:
Click HERE To Shop Amazon.com

We LOooVE Comments, So Please Do

1. Jerry B. says

Congrats on the new “point and shoot”, looks like a real beast. I decided to leave my Nikons and go to a Canon with a fully articulating rear screen, which helps me stay off the ground with the rest of the bugs for those low, closeups. But you have a great eye and your stuff is super regardless of the equipment.

• libertatemamo says

You know you can’t go wrong w/ the Canon’s. They’re great camera too (my point & shoot is the Cannon S95)…awesome little device!

2. says

Nice Camera, and I was happy just to pick up a new D3000!!! quite the upgrade for me. I’m no pro, but do enjoy taking pics and the new Nikon should help out in that aspect abit.

• libertatemamo says

The D3000 is an awesome camera too! Do check out Ken Rockwell’s page. He’s got a great “primer” on the Nikon cameras as well.

3. says

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! WOW…they must really love you…LOL I can’t image you taking better pictures. Yours are always wonderful! Enjoy your gift. It will be a gift for all of us to enjoy.

• libertatemamo says

Great idea! Can’t say I’m an expert, but it’s always fun to share and I’ll put it on the list! Nina

4. says

Nina — what a fabulous gift from your parents! Our parents are long ago in Heaven, so they send a different kind of gift for us. I know what you mean about cameras, as we have gone through a wide series of them,.and the ones we are using this summer don’t match the heavy old Canon Rebel we left behind. When we get home, I’m gonna drag that out and dust it off for sure!

• libertatemamo says

I’m always torn between a “big” camera and the small pocket-size. I love the pics I get out of the big one, but soooo enjoy the portability of the small. Often I end up taking both!

• libertatemamo says

Still haven’t got any new lenses yet, so going w/ my good ‘ol 50mm and 18-200mm for now. Looking to add a dedicated wide-angle soon though.

A Comment For Your Thoughts?