Stunning Moods of The Oregon Coast – Bullards Beach, OR

Chilly but gorgeous. How could you not love it here?

We’ve travelled a mind-boggling 30 miles (48 km) down the coast and have found ourselves in yet another world. It always amazes me that small changes in location can yield such great changes in environment. It’s still the Central Coast, it’s still the beach, it’s still the ocean, but it ALL seems so very, very different.

A beautifully moody day on Bullards Beach

Here the coast is wild and untamed. Miles of beach grass and rugged dunes that yield to a frothy, writhing ocean where currents twist and turn in unpredictable shapes. Endless horizons of sand wet and icy chilly, but smooth as glass from heavy tides with warm glistening reflections in the late afternoon sun. Ever-present winds weighed by ocean fog fast and thick. All-encompassing skies that move in moods from deepest blue to coolest grey.

Early morning calm

At times the beach seems heavy and ominous with thick mist and angry waves. At times it seems lonely and almost (just almost) calm. Then at times it smiles to you in brilliant sunshine, opening up to expansive blue views and wispy clouds. Oh I never tire of the ocean. Ever…And I never tire of taking pictures of the sea. Every moment, everyday so very different. A changing expression, a different mood and ever-interesting stories to tell. It’s the fairytale of the Oregon Coast and there’s nary a word or picture that completely captures it. All I can say is….absolutely stunning!

P.S. All shots were taken at Bullards Beach, OR over the past two days

Late afternoon reflections of the sun
Another gorgeous morning hike
Fluffy afternoon clouds
Stone footsteps in the sand
SPONSORED LINK: SPONSORED LINK:
Click HERE To Shop Amazon.com

We LOooVE Comments, So Please Do

• libertatemamo says

Sorry we missed each other!!! Love your shots of the beach. Enjoy your next stay at Carl Washbourne. We LOVED it there last year.

1. Lee and Shelia says

It looks like you are SOUTH of us, we are in Coos Bay and will be until the 24th. Really enjoy your writing and the descriptions. You should be a writer… See you next week at Harris Beach…….

• libertatemamo says

YUP! I saw the rigs piling up for the ralley at Coos Bay as we drove through. Looks like it’s going to be alot of fun. Looking forward to seeing ya at Harris Beach!

2. says

Love micro-climates. Here in Colorado we descended from still-snow capped mountain peaks to 105 degree desert heat in what seemed like a blink of the eye.

• libertatemamo says

So true. Colorado is another of our FAVORITE states. We spent last 2 summers there and truely enjoyed it!

3. jil mohr says

It was way too cold and windy when we were there to walk along the beach…if we had we would have been blown away…loved th lighthouse there though….pelicans were just starting to come there too….

4. says

You are so right about the Oregon coast. One day so lovely and peaceful and the next…YIKES! I think it is one of the beauties of that area.

5. jerry b says

Did you have time to go to the West Coast game park a mile or so below Bandon? Lots of fun and animals to pet.

• libertatemamo says

I’m “saving” this for when my cousin comes to visit next month (while we’re in Cape Blanco). It is MOST definitely on the list thanks to your recommendation on my original OR plans. So we will be going, but just not yet.

• libertatemamo says

Thanks…sometimes the writing (like this post) just comes totally naturally. Other days it’s tougher, but I guess that’s quite common. I would like to write a book someday. Definitely in the plans at some point.

6. Brenda says

I see we are just ahead of you on hwy101, in Astoria. Oregon. We are at the Ft. Stevens State Park and loving it except for all the giant Mesquites.
    The beach is beautiful her. Had some days of sunshine and some with rain. Guess that is why it is so beautiful. The park is the largest in Oregon.
    We will be leaving today to head to Seattle, Will be staying there at Lake Pleasent RV park. Happy Traveling.

• libertatemamo says

We LOVE Ft Stevens. Last year we maxed out 2 weeks there and really enjoyed the whole area. Enjoy Seattle! Hope you get some good weather up there.

7. Shirley says

Guess we just missed you too! We are here with 5 Grandchildren, son and dau in law…love this place except the mosquitos are terrible!!

• libertatemamo says

Oh bummer!! Another miss. My goodness. We haven’t been too bothered by mosquitoes in the C-loop, but I gather they’re a bit thicker in the other loops. Sorry we missed each other. Happy travel to you!

Trackbacks

A Comment For Your Thoughts?