Two Weeks And A Dane On The OR Coast
Yesterday I sent my lovely cousin Christina back to Denmark after 2 weeks here with us at Bullards Beach State Park. It was a total whirlwind of a time. Somehow she managed to snag awesome weather (the entire time!) so everyday after work we packed it in with fabulous outdoor activities all within an hour or so of our RV.
Now I teased her by claiming I would tell everyone what a pain in the butt she is, but truthfully she’s a lovely gal and super-easy to have around, so we really had a ton of fun. We crammed in so many activities in so little time that the story is best told with links and pictures. So, if you’ve ever wondered what happens when two Danish gals are let loose over two weeks on the southern Oregon coast, here it is:
- BBQ & The Art Of S’mores – We were invited to a 4th of July potluck dinner & BBQ with the volunteers here at Bullards Beach. Our intrepid Dane got introduced to her very first S’more and fell in love with a camping classic.
Dane opinion -> s’mmmmm yum!
- Jet Trip on The Rogue River – A trip down the rogue river with Jerry’s Rogue Jets down by Gold Beach. We took the 80-mile trip with a lunch stop. It was so much fun I may even have to do another blog post just for this. Awesome day!!
Dane Opinion -> Oh YES baby…Do it, do it!
- Horseback Riding – A sunset horseback ride on Bandon Beach amongst the sea stacks. It was a windy day, but oh-so-cool and thoroughly enjoyable despite mega-sore bums the next day.
Dane Opinion -> Giddy Up And Go!
- Shore Acres & Cape Arago -> I’ve already covered this place once before, but had to go back and show my cuz the hidden gem. This time around we went tide-pooling & hunting for concretions, both of which are so cool they deserve their own blog post too!
Dane Opinion -> Go Twice…at least!
- Sand Dunes & John Dellenback Trail -> Another place worth hiking twice (or twenty times!). Pooch came along and we played like kids on the dunes for an entire afternoon. A TOTAL blast!
Dane Opinion -> Sandy Heaven!
- Cape Blanco & Heads State Park -> A trip south to see the lovely Cape Blanco lighthouse and hike the spectacular Port Orford Heads State Park. We’re moving there in Aug so I’ll tell you more later, but suffice to say it was fabulous!!
Dane Opinion -> Naturally stunning!
- West Coast Game Safari Park -> Marketed as a spot you can meet and interact with wild animals. We enjoyed petting the cougar cub and some of the free-roaming goats, deer etc. but were underwhelmed by the park and what we thought were too-small cages for the bigger animals.
Dane Opinion -> Fun for kids, but miss-able for adults.
- Beach, Drives, Eating & Shopping – No end of beach walking, pretty coastline drives (we even stopped off in Denmark!) and local shopping (Myrtlewood and cranberry are the local specialities). Even managed to dress up and eat at the superb Alloro Wine Bar & Restaurant in Bandon…talk about YUM!
Dane Opinion -> Grooovy!
Most definitely a rippin’ good time had by all. Two weeks of good memories and the promise of many more in the future. Happy journeys, cuz…until next time!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links, so, if you click on the link and make a purchase, I receive a commission. Note that all opinions are 100% our own and I only link to products we personally use, thoroughly love and absolutely recommend! Disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
WheelingIt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.