Repairs, Remodels & Reunions – Eugene, OR
We’ve left the coast, and fall is in the air!!! We arrived in Eugene on an uncharacteristically sunny day to rich green fields, a nip of cold in the air and the earthy colors of fall strewn across the ground. Our first stop was our buddies at Elite Repair & Remodel to prepare for all our work followed by a few days at our favorite Eugene park (Armitage County Park). Since then we’ve been on a jam-packed schedule of shop time & shopping time. Elite attacked the rig on Wednesday and completely all our required stuff in one long day. The list of stuff included:
- Window Awning Installation on our front slide passenger-side window. “The beast” has a large awning on the passenger side of the rig which is supposed to shade the window, but we so rarely use it because of the risk of sudden winds especially in the SW desert. So, whenever that window is in the sun it gets very, very hot. Our new, nifty, compact window awning solves this problem. We’ve wanted this mod for years & already LOVE it!
- New Awning Motor. Our large awning motor was dead and we got the new motor replaced under the extended warranty that we bought in 2012 from Wholesale Warranties. I’m happy to say we had a smooth & easy transaction here.
- Re-Aligned, Re-Sealed Drivers Side Slide. This is our big “problem” slide that leaked in Cape Blanco. It’s now been completely re-aligned and re-sealed including some brand new rivets (in areas that were coming apart). We should be good for at least a few more years now 🙂
- New Water Hose Installation. Our old water hose looked like it was about to burst any-day and although this sounds like a super-simple repair, it’s actually not at all because of the ridiculously difficult placement of the hose. Why manufacturers don’t think of these things, I don’t know?! Anyway without going into too much detail Elite cut out part of our water bay access panel and fashioned a new entry which should make this 100 times easier in the future.
We also tossed around ideas for getting rid of our horrible Sharp convection/microwave which had fried (yet again) while we were in Cape Blanco. Sadly, the warranty would not authorize a replacement (only repair…and there are no microwave repair shops within 100 miles of here), and my bright idea of replacing it with a regular household microwave did not work out because of the required installation clearance for side & top-vents (our current device is front-venting). So, we had to trash the whole idea of rebuilding that cabinet and will be (once again) trying to repair the stupid thing when we get to Tucson, AZ sometime in Feb. So, until then we get to travel around with a 70lb chunk of useless metal in our cabinets (do I sound jaded or what?)
Overall our boys at Elite took great care of us, as usual, and we are now, once again, leak-free and fully functional. Yeah!
With our girl spiffy we motored on over to AM Solar for a new set of rendezvous and an old reunion. As many of my long-term blog readers know AM Solar were the guys that did our solar installation in 2010. Back then we got the install done by one of their mobile authorized installers (“Marvelous Marvin“) in Florida. We absolutely love our solar install and have recommended AM Solar many, many times over in the past years. These guys live and love solar power, are RVers themselves and are constantly experimenting & looking for ways to improve solar for the RV community. Honestly, you cannot go wrong with them.
We’ve also had the pleasure of chatting to the owners on the phone, but have never actually been to their Springfield, OR location to meet them in person. So, we were overjoyed when we got the invitation to come over here and spend a few days with Greg, Deb and the team.
As luck would have it (or, rather as devious planning would have it tee hee) our buddies Technomadia are here too. Yupiiii!! So, we’ve been introduced & reunited. Plus we’ve met AM Solar “shop doggie” Sammy which only raises our esteem of the place (any shop that has a shop dog is even cooler in our books). Great folks all around, and we’ve got all kinds of ideas knocking around in our heads for future upgrades.
From here we join wheels with Technomadia and are going to be doing a bit of caravanning down the Eastern Sierra’s. Should be goooood 🙂
- Good RV Repairs & The 80/100/100 Rule – Elite Repair & Remodel, Eugene, OR
- The Ins & Outs of RV Extended Warranties
- Our Full Solar Series (4 Parts) -> Click HERE
MOBILE INTERNET UPDATE – It’s the end of the month and for those of you who were waiting for Verizon to contact you regarding the old Millenicom plans you should ALL have gotten a text on your device with a special number to call. Former Millenicom customers are being given until Nov 8th to continue their plans (which basically means free internet until then), and are being given the option to sign-up to either $89.99/mo (with a 1-year contract) or $99.99/mo (without contract) for 20GB. For those who were happy with the 20GB bucket this is a very good deal indeed! For those of you wanting more data, the “double data” specials are still on offer at both AT&T and Verizon until end of the month (tomorrow). You can get all the latest news & updates on this for free on the RV Mobile Internet Resource Center News Page.SPONSORED LINK: SPONSORED LINK:
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links, so, if you click on the link and make a purchase, I receive a commission. Note that all opinions are 100% my own and I only link to products we personally use, thoroughly love and absolutely recommend!
WheelingIt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.