Dogkittylutions & Wishing You ALL The Best In The New Year!
It’s the final day, the turn of the year, the end of a journey and the beginning of another. Despite the fact that it’s really just an arbitrary date (I mean every day is really a new day right?) I always feel this time of year quite strongly.
Today is the day I reminisce about what has passed and feel the new bubble of what is to come. It’s a positive feeling, made even more so by the fact that so many others are also celebrating the same thing at the same time. Customs and traditions are such a deep part of the human psyche and they’re the core of what brings us all together, don’t you think?
Now I’m not really the type to make New Years resolutions, but on Dec 31st I always take the time to thank the Universe for the good experiences I’ve been given and to renew the promise to myself (and those I love) to try and make the most out of anything that might come in the future. After all, at the end of all things our experiences are what make our lives complete, and if you believe in the afterlife those same experiences (soul, karma, or whatever you might call them) are the only things we bring with us when we pass.
Goodness, when I started this little post I didn’t expect to get so deep!
Anyway, back in Jan 2011 I wrote a blog post called “Dogkittylutions for 2011“. It was my take on the kind of resolutions I think everyone can enjoy, all of them meaningful life lessons learnt directly from our most wise & precious paws. Interestingly enough they were written last time we were in Florida after our first year on the road, so having completed the circle (RV-wise) it feels rather fitting & complete to bring them around on the blog once more. Rather than have you click back to that post, I think I’ll just re-write the 8 items here, complete with the exact same pics. They’re all still as relevant & fresh as the day I wrote them, so in the spirit of sharing all that’s good on this day, let me share ’em again…
1. Live in the Moment – No matter what the past might have been, what the situation is now or how many bugs are sucking the life out of you, always enjoy the moment. This is dogkitty-gospel #1 and we can all learn from that one.
2. Never Pass up a Chance to Play – Playtime is sacred and should always be encouraged at any age.
3. If You Don’t Like the Stick You’ve Got, Get Another One – This may seem rather deep for a doggie-moment, and the profundity of the statement does take some time to sink in. Most people spend their lives not making change because they worry their next situation may be worse than the one they’ve got. Always have the courage to make the jump and be the person that goes and gets another stick.
4. Your Past Does Not Define You – Having volunteered for many years in dog rescue I’ve always been amazed at how pets, even from abuse, manage to turn around and live life to its fullest. Your past job, your past life and your old things will never define you unless you let them. So, don’t let ’em.
5. Express Joy to It’s Fullest – Never be afraid to bound with joy and shriek with happiness. After all, joy is part of what life is all about. Our pets and kids all know this, but most of us lose that lesson as we grow up. Go find it again.
6. Be An Eternal Optimist – In the end life is but a point of view, and that point of view is of your own making. Dogs are eternal optimists and so they’re eternally happy. You can be too if you work at it.
7. Happiness and Adventure are All Around You – Polly is always excited to be places whether it’s a hike in the mountains, or a just a walk around the gas station at a stop…it’s all an adventure to her. So, whether you wheel the road or walk the same street everyday, happiness and adventure can be found everywhere if you just open up your mind to it.
8. Bask In Your Own Beauty – Our cats are especially adept at basking in their own beauty, and it’s a good lesson to learn. No matter what others may say, know that you’re a god(ess) in your own way.
With that said here’s hoping 2017 turns out to be a fabulous journey for you, no matter where it might take you. Good vibes, love and best wishes to you all!SPONSORED LINK:
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in this blog post may be affiliate links, so, if you click on the link and make a purchase, I receive a commission. Note that all opinions are 100% my own and I only link to products we personally use, thoroughly love and absolutely recommend! Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. WheelingIt is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.